This notice explains what information WE collect, when WE collect it and how WE use this. During the course of our activities, WE will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and WE recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how WE will handle your information.
Who are we?
Robert and Elizabeth Stodel of 10 Paradise Road, Richmond, London TW9 1SE (also trading as Guildford Student Houses) (“we” or “us”) take the issue of security and data protection seriously and adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Robert Stodel is registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number A8455000 and is the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com
How WE collect information from you and what information WE collect
WE collect information about you from information that you provide to us in anticipation of your tenancy or renewal of the tenancy, during your tenancy and after your tenancy
- WE collect the following information about you:
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, date of birth, addresses, nationality, passport details, right to reside in the UK details, name of university where you are studying, the name of friends that you are staying with;
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, address, relationship to you;
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code;
- Tenant forwarding addresses after the end of the tenancy
Why WE need this information about you and how it will be used
WE need your information and will use your information:to contact you and your guarantor;
- to perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant and/or guarantor;
- so that WE can administer, support and improve our business and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf,
WE may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator and service/utility provider;
- To permit our contractors to contact you to do repairs, maintenance, furniture and appliance replacement and perform viewings for potential future tenants;
- If you do not make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant;
- To past, present and future tenants of the property so that they can contact you to obtain information about the property or it’s services or to arrange collection of post or parcels addressed to them and
- To provide information to future potential landlords when requested to provide a reference. Unless required to do so by law, WE will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to me/ us without your consent.
Location of information
Your information will be stored on paper records within the UK and will also be stored in the cloud with reputable organisations including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Dropbox, Arthur and Signable.
When you give us information WE take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe in locked offices and by use of password protected access.
How long WE will keep your information
WE may hold your personal data for up to six years after the end of your tenancy, or as required by law (WE may be legally required to hold some types of information).
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours WE hold
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, WE would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.